Jeffrey D. Ross
Jeffrey D. Ross is Firm Principal of Budoff & Ross, P.C. With more than 33 years of experience as a criminal law attorney, Mr. Ross has tried more than 150 jury trials and has represented individuals facing the full spectrum of criminal offenses, from misdemeanors to death penalty cases. He is certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Ross earned his license to practice law in Arizona in 1976. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Ross is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice.
Mr. Ross has received an "AV" peer review rating from Martindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys. This is the highest possible rating an attorney can receive, indicating preeminent legal ability and the utmost ethical standards. Mr. Ross has also been named a Southwest Super Lawyer numerous times, a distinction reserved for the top five percent of attorneys in the state.
Prior to entering private practice in 1984, Mr. Ross served as a felony prosecutor in the Pima County Attorney's Office in Tucson and in the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in Phoenix. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of Maryland School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts degree from Johns Hopkins University.
- Arizona (1976)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona (1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1989)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1987)
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law (1976)
- Law Review
- President, Student Bar Association
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University (1971)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Southwest Super Lawyer
- Pima County Attorney's Office, Prosecutor (1976-1981)
- Maricopa County Attorney's Office, Prosecutor (1981-1984)
- Budoff & Ross, P.C. (1984-present)